All views expressed are the opinions of the author and are not necessarily those of the Society
April 20th, 2017
Lichfield & District Allotments Society
|SHOW RESULTS 2016|
|MOST POINTS IN SHOW||Frank James (The Moggs)|
|MOST POINTS IN SHOW (NOVICE)||Nicola Ruth (Netherstowe)|
|MOST POINTS FLOWER CLASSES||Frank James (The Moggs)|
|MOST POINTS VEGETABLE CLASSES||Adrian Quinn (The Moggs)|
|RUNNER-UP IN VEGETABLES||Frank James (Moggs)|
|MOST POINTS DOMESTIC CLASSES||Judi Kirby (Netherstowe)|
|COLLECTION OF VEGETABLES||Trevor Gee (The Moggs)|
|TRAY OF VEGETABLES||Pat Barden (The Moggs)|
|BEST FLOWER EXHIBIT||Frank James (The Moggs)|
|BEST VEGETABLE EXHIBIT||Adrian Quinn (The Moggs)|
|BEST DOMESTIC EHXIBIT||Helen Millard (The Moggs)|
|ONION TROPHY||Trevor Gee (The Moggs)|
|HEAVIEST POTATO CROP||Peter Beech (The Moggs)|
|2nd HEAVIEST CROP||Trevor Gee (The Moggs)|
|HEAVIEST POTATO||Peter Beech (The Moggs)|
|BEST KEPT ALLOTMENT||Mr & Mrs Smart (Netherstowe)|
|BEST KEPT HALF PLOT||K Deakin (Netherstowe)|
|BEST NEWCOMER 2016||John Abell (Cherry Orchard)|
|POTATO COMPETION RESULTS|
|2016||Peter Beech||Total: 65lbs||Heaviest Single - 2lbs 4¾oz|
|2015||Peter Beech||Total: 165lbs||Heaviest Single - 8lbs 6oz|
|2014||Trevor Gee||Total: 125lbs||Heaviest Single - 4lbs 5oz|
- Exhibitors must be members of the L&DAS (The Society) or their family.
- In awarding Society trophies, points are awarded as follows:
|1st place||4 points|
|2nd place||3 points|
|3rd place||2 points|
|Highly commended||1 point (at the judges discretion)|
In the event of a tie, the exhibitor with the most 1sts will be deemed the winner. A 'Novice' shall be an exhibitor not having won a 1st in any class in a previous year of this show.
- No commercial growers are allowed to compete.
- All exhibits in classes 1 - 54 and 68 - 69, must be the produce of the exhibitor's own garden or allotment. The Society reserves the right to inspect or examine a garden or allotment before and after the show and to retain any exhibit in the event of an inquiry.
- No person, except those officially engaged, shall be allowed in the hall during the judging.
- The judges decision shall be final
- Each exhibit is to have an official entry card on it. It is helpful to name the variety however "unknown" or "own seed" is acceptable.
- Exhibits must not be removed other than by an authorised show official.
- Any matter not provided for in the foregoing rules shall be decided by a majority of the committee.
- The Society will not be responsible for any loss or accident at the show.
- ENTRY FEE:
An entry fee of 30p per exhibit to be paid to the Show Secretary on the day of the Show.
- STAGING & REMOVAL OF EXHIBITS:
Staging of exhibits will be between 9.00am and 11.00am on the day of the Show.
No exhibits will be permitted to be staged after 11.00am.
Exhibits must stay in place until 4.00pm, after which they can be removed.
Any remaining after 4.30pm will be disposed of by the Committee
- EXHIBITING & JUDGING CRITERIA:
- CLASS 21 - an 'unusual' flower is one which is not described in any of the Classes 1-20.
- CLASS 52 - an 'unusual' vegetable' is a vegetable not described in Classes 23-49.
- CLASS 67 - Overall size of tray not more than 18"x12". Five different varieties of
vegetable (from Classes 23-49) to be displayed. Quantities of each
variety are optional. Garnish is allowed but vegetables and/or garnish must not overhang the tray.
- All cakes/pies etc., to be displayed on a suitable plate inside a clear plastic bag.
- Each entry in the same class should be from a different batch of mix
- All pastry to be home-made and no cake mixes to be used
- All classes judged on flavour and presentation
The date for this year's show is Saturday 19th August at 2.30pm at the Curborough Community Centre, Renolds Close, (off Western Road), Lichfield. A Social Evening is planned for later in the year.